I am excited to share this unique opportunity for service providers or engaged community members who work with families and are looking to provide extra support in regards to helping those families develop parenting skills. At Youth Contact we use this training for home visiting and also for group parenting classes. The curriculum for both is well planned out, evidence based, and culturally inclusive. Nurturing Parenting is the model we most frequently rely on to show OPEC that parents are learning and applying what we are teaching to create a safe and nurturing environment for their children.
Parents get a lot from the curriculum! Last quarter they were saying
“I have more empathy towards my children. My daughter is communicating better and we talk things out now.”
“Me ayuda a profundizar mas acerca de la manera de educar a mis hijos”
“It was so great. I really enjoyed the experience!”
If you have any questions about group discount rates, the curriculum, or program implementation, please do not hesitate to send me an email at email@example.com or give me a call at (503)640-4222 x 713.
I am happy to share that Youth Contact in partnership with the Sherwood School District will be offering a parenting education series from April 13th – May 25th. This class meets once a week every Thursday for 7 weeks. Parents will learn strategies for effective problem solving, ways to establish discipline, tips for setting age-appropriate expectations and much more! Registration for this workshop is now open, but note that spaces often fill quickly and are limited to 20 families.
Sherwood Family Resource Center
21970 SW Sherwood Blvd. Portable #46
Sherwood, OR 97140
April 17th-May 25th
Thursdays from 6-8PM
FREE! Class, dinner and childcare are provided at no cost.
Parents of children ages 3-8
To Register Contact:
Family Resource Manager
Youth Contact is now registering for one (1) parenting education class that will begin in Fall 2016. This series will be offered through our continued partnership with the Oregon Parenting Education Collaborative, as well as our new relationship with Tuality Health Alliance. Check out the details below for more information, and be sure to review the bilingual program flyer for a detailed list of topics that will be covered in the series!
Program Title: “Nurturing Hope”
- A 12-Week Series for Parents and their Children with Special Needs and/or Health Challenges, Ages 5-8 (Part of the Nurturing Parenting Program)
When: Tuesdays | September 20, 2016 – December 6, 2016 | 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Where: Tuality Health Education Center | 334 SE 8th Avenue | Hillsboro, OR 97123
- FREE class is provided for parents.
- FREE class is provided for children, ages 5-8.
- FREE childcare is provided for children, ages 2-4.
- FREE dinner is provided each night to ALL participants.
Who should attend?
- Parents with children, ages 5-8, who have unique needs or health challenges.
- Parents who want to build community with others in similar situations.
- Parents who want their children to learn new skills in a supportive and inclusive environment.
Language: Spanish only.
Nurturing Hope Flyer – Tuality Health 2016 – English
Nurturing Hope Flyer – Tuality Health 2016 – Spanish
- Registration is required for this program. To sign-up:
- Call Youth Contact Family Education | 503-846-0665
- If we do not answer, please leave a message with your name and phone number. We can only return calls to participants who leave a message.
- Email Claudia Adler, Parenting Education Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
We are excited for this new programming year and look forward to serving you!